The first round of TAKS testing is done!!!!! Tuesday went off without incident!!!! But, I missed my check in time at the district assessment center yesterday. I called the district testing coordinator from the secure TAKS closet in tears. Trudy walked in about the same time, and pretty much took the phone from me and made me leave the closet for a few! After a much needed break and some food, I went back in and finished. At 7 pm, EVERYTHING was packed, all data sets were prepared and I was on my way home!
I checked scorable and nonscorable materials in this morning - 756 test booklets, not counting answer documents, etc... There were 4 stations at check in. At the first station, you received a balloon cutout. If you successfully completed a station, you were awarded a sticker for your balloon! I got 5 stickers (remember, only 4 stations) - cuz I am GT! I also received a "void" stamp, because I voided things that didn't have to be voided! Better safe than sorry I say! Anyway...At the very last station, when you turned in your check off sheet, you got a treat bag! The nice fella at the last station said I really needed a glass of wine, but the treat sacks were all he had to offer! Our DTC is now on speed dial and she did a GREAT job of keeping us calm and making check in fun! As I returned to campus, I stopped at Sonic (not wine, but it tasted GREAT). I left for the day at 2:45. Stopped by the house to see how the floors turned out, and then went to La Casona for dinner! Yum!
3 comments:
Ahh. Breathe a sigh of relief. It was a crazy day for us. 60 kids were still working after 3. The Library was a zoo. Congrats on your stickers!
Way to go! You definitely deserved some Sonic and La Casona! Be proud of your GTness. : )
Ahh! I am so proud! Love your dedication to going above and beyond... so not surprised! I know they were all impressed!
Post a Comment