Friday, March 6, 2009

As Promised


You'd smile like that too if you had a cool shirt like that one! I think I'll save it so he can take it to get his tattoo when he is grown!


Friends, this is the year of the goofy smile. We get what we can get!

TAKS is OVER... In a recent post, I mentioned some of the things I needed to blog about, so tonight, I will share Valentine's Day and my birthday....sit back and relax....it is long!

Valentine's Day:

As you can see, my kids had festive attire for the big day! How can you look at those beautiful kids and not smile? Jett got lots of new clothes from mommy and Ava got more baking stuff (to add to what Santa brought) and a new outfit from Daddy. Micky and I bought each other the Wii Fit! We spent the morning trying out all the new games we had! I am proud to say I am the only member of my family who can hula hoop!

On Friday night, Micky took Ava on a "Daddy - Daughter Date." They went to Toys-R-Us and then headed to Gatti-Land for pizza and games. For any of our college friends who are following, Micky said it was a little trip down memory lane, only this time there were no free tokens for all of the games ;o)! On Saturday, Micky and I went to eat a late lunch in Houston, followed by a little shopping at the Galleria. Interestingly, in the Metroplex, there appears to be a Macaroni Grill on every corner, however in the entire Houston area there are only like 3! Micky took me to pick out my Valentine's/Birthday present from him - a fabulous new handbag from Coach! Mom and dad kept the kids, and Ava spent the night at their house! It was a great weekend and I LOVE the Wii Fit and my new bag - he even sprung for a cute scarf to tie on it!

The next weekend was my birthday!

After 30, really, there isn't a whole lot of celebrating going on! Know what I mean? Anyway, I have been working really hard on the whole diet thing, and didn't really want any kind of cake. I just wanted a cake ball from Norma's! These are like heaven on Earth! They are the perfect size and you feel a little bit fancy when you eat them. Anyway, mom called to order some, and they told her they were too busy! WHAT? I was devastated!!!! Trudy came in my office (actually, I think I was i nthe TAKS closet, but anyway) just about the the time mom broke the news to me! Bless her heart, she found another bakery that makes cake balls and bought me some for Friday! They were good, but we both agreed, not quite as good as Norma's. So after lunch with the family on Saturday, we headed back to mom's for cake and presents. Much to my surprise, there were CAKE BALLS there! What? Micky had gone over Friday morning to buy any leftovers she had for the day! YUM!!! I even tried a new flavor, I think the peanut butter cup is my new fav!

Not only was I surprised by the cake balls, but my present from the kids was the Brighton Arizona state charm bracelet. Many of you know what a Brighton fan I am! But what you may or may not know is that Brighton has these charm bracelets that you can only buy in the state of origin. You cannot call and order nor can you buy them online. You have to physically go to a store in that state and buy it. So, having lived in Arizona for 2 years, I wanted the Arizona bracelet. Micky contacted a friend in Phoenix (wife of the friend who had the Gatti-Land hook up in college) and she went and got it for me! I love it, and wore it with my Texas charm bracelet on GO Texan Day last week! Thanks Lisa and Micky!

Both celebrations were a huge success...complete with lots of naps for momma, a Wii Fit, fabulous new bag, beautiful bracelet, italian food and CAKE BALLS!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I can't believe how big Jett is. What a cutie. I am so jealous abotu your new bag. I am starting to get the itch myself. Have a very relaxing week - you deserve it.

Anniebanannie said...

CUTE CUTE KIDDOS!!!

Sounds like you guys have had some great times lately. Are you loving the Wii Fit or what?!!!

Traci said...

Girl I just love the new update! I miss you guys so much! Jett is getting so big and Ava looked precious. I am so glad that you had a great birthday! :) Traci