Saturday, February 28, 2009

How Sweet It Is....

Ava and Micky are at the Texas A&M vs. Rice baseball game at Minute Maid Park. Gig Em'. Jett is asleep in his car seat - after an attempt to go to Wal-Mart, he and I headed back home because of his screaming...I pulled into Sonic for a much needed vanilla Dr. Pepper, where he continued to scream, drowning out the lady on the speaker. The teenage boy delivering my stress relief in a Styrofoam cup, said " poor baby." Poor baby? How about poor momma? Anyway, we headed back home, where he fall asleep as I pulled back into the driveway. Nope, one screaming trip down the street and around the corner was enough for this tired momma, I carefully carried him inside and set him down. I will let him rest so I can carefully coordinate the bath, bottle and bedtime routine in a few! So, rather than clean house, do laundry or any of the other things that need to get done, I decided to blog. Well, the camera is at the baseball game, so I couldn't post any of the things I promised, but I spent some time re-fashioning the site and decided to share a sweet moment in my hectic, stressful day...

After spending 4 hours at school today making final TAKS preparations (I had to go up because I was not done, and we have to take the little guy to the doctor on Monday for a little problem he is having, and I needed to be sure all was well with TAKS so I could focus on my boy!) Micky and I were talking on the phone and I caught myself saying "...the kids...." several times! After we hung up, I thought to myself how absolutely wonderful it is to say those 2 words...the kids...Where there had been an empty feeling in my heart for so long...a part of me not quite whole...A part of me knowing what a belssing my sweet girl is, still feeling not quite complete...there is now... fullfillment. I am at peace! God has truly blessed Micky and I with two beautiful and healthy children. I pray that as I find myself wrapped up in the craziness of our lives, that I take time every day to thank God for all he has given me, and soak up the unconditional love of my 2 precious blessings - each a miracle, each with a special story of God's grace and faithfulness. I pray that God help me find the perfect balance of home and work, never taking for granted all He has provided! I pray that God bless me with the wisdom, strength and love necessary to raise healthy, happy, strong and independent children according to His word and plan.

Two simple little words with infinite significance...the kids...

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I loved your blog. It brought tears of happiness for you both. You are a great mom and I know you will find the balance you desire. Good luck tomorrow!