Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Firsts


A went to her first ballet, the Nutcracker. MawMaw and Aunt Jen have had a tradition of taking M1, M2 and Kyle every other year to see the Nutcracker. This year, A was invited, and Gran went along too! A sat on the edge of her seat the whole time, and was super excited about the Sugar Plum Fairy ornament Gran bought and the gold, sequined nutcracker Aunt Jen bought! (BTW....Do they make sparkle tights for adults?)

Getting ready for the Christmas Eve candlelight service at church.

Look at our coordinated outfits!
I LOVE J's "Little Man" clothes! I think M has a shirt that matches this.

Getting ready for J's first trip to church. Don't worry, we covered him with a blanket, and only Rachel held him!

J sported his first monogrammed bib! Thanks Vicki!

J's FIRST Christmas and our FIRST Christmas in our own home!

Because we have not lived close to either of our parents in our married lives, we have not been able to wake up in our own house on Christmas morning....That is, until this year! A didn't know what to do...at 6:30 am, she shouted from her room..."DADDY....Did Santa come?" She didn't know that she could get up and go look! It was alot of fun, except, that A got tired of opening presents because she had to open J's too! After the tree at our house, and a Christmas morning breakfast, we headed over to Gran's for more presents and lunch!
The pictures are in no particular order...enjoy!

MawMaw and PawPaw gave A Mia, the AG girl of the year!
She doesn't look excited at all does she? B and B, A's cousins gave her the skate outfit to match, and she also go the skates with the ipod accessories! Too fun!

MawMaw held Jmost of the day....look at our first monogrammed burp cloth!

Uncle J is a bit of a baby hog!
J doesn't seem to mind, and I hope J grows up to love his Uncle J
...How cute is J 's
"Baby's first Christmas" outfit? Santa is in a helicopter on the front!

Okay, this picture it too dark to tell, but...I LOVE IT!!! It is one of the best of A this year (she keeps making these goofy faces) and M2 is sticking her tongue out at M in the background! Priceless! I laughed when I noticed what she was doing! Our first real evidence that M 2 is sneaky and loves to tease with her Uncle M!

First time to ride the new bike Santa brought! 20" wheels baby!

Christmas jammies are a tradition in our house! I was excited to find coordinating ones for this year. A was excited that my jammies apparently matched Mrs. Giusti's! Great taste I guess! Typically, M does not participate, HOWEVER...I noticed that Nick and Nora had some coordinating mens and little boys PJs for the holidays...Look out!

Santa brought A the AG Just Like Me doll! Choo Choo and Papa gave her the western outfit, and mom and dad got the horse! Lately, the horse has been wearing the hat more than the doll.

Santa also brought AG matching PJs, the salon chair and the hair care kit. A and I have had a good time doing the doll's hair! And, the salon chair is so cool..it actually raises and lowers like a real chair! Gran and Grandpa gave the girls doll daybeds with a trundle. Every night, the dolls are tucked in bed before A is. Too cute!

A merry first Christmas...Santa was good to Jett too! Lots of clothes. diapers, wipes, books and a few toys. He brought a super cool vintage airplane mobile for his room and an aviator bear! Gran and Grandpa got him the Micky Mouse airplane riding toy. It will be while before he can use it, but Micky likes to play with it and it will look cute in his room!

Not excited about all of her loot at all is she?


The first time FOUR stockings were hung by the chimney with care...and...the fire place screen was moved so Santa would not knock it over!

Take a good look...A was very concerned about how Santa would know which stocking was whose. So, she decided to label them for us! I had tried to find different stocking hangers, but the ones I wanted were WAY too expensive, so I will see what I find on sale or next year! I am not giving up my stockings...I love them, and they hold alot of loot!

This year, A and J got lots of good gifts. But, it Micky and I think we got the best gift of all this year...Jett, and the feeling that our family is now complete!
We hope everyone's Christmas and Holiday season was as merry as ours!

1 comment:

Impulsive Addict said...

I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas! I love looking at all the pics! Happy New Year to you too! Talk to you soon~