Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Few More Changes for the Blackburns

Last night I was announced as the Assistant Principal at Bauerschlag Elementary in Clear Creek ISD. Clear Creek is a large district encompassing several cities - Clear Lake (where Micky works), League City, Pearland, Friendswood and more. They haven't seemed too concerned about my pregancy, and they were very complimentary about my potential as a school leader. Micky and I struggled with what to do, but when it came down to it, this was an opportunity I could not pass up. What this new job means is that we will not live in Angleton, and Ava will not go to ECC with Gran next year. Gran and Ava are both upset about that. However, Ava will go to school with me. In order for her to go with me, we have to reside in the district (not necessarily the campus attendance zone). We have narrowed down the area that we want to live in - about 40 minutes from Gran and Grandpa and 15 from Tracey, Jarrett and the girls. It is also about 10 - 15 minutes for both Micky and I to get to work. Please pray that we find a house quickly so that I can go ahead and get Ava registered. My start date is probably July 30. We have lots still to do before we start back to school, so we will be packing it all in to the next 2 weeks!

4 comments:

mrskaseyr said...

Hey Kim. I have been thinking about you lately. How are you doing, feeling? I love reading your post, Ava is a doll. OK, well you can email me at mskaseyb@yahoo.com or kasey.reynard@kellerisd.net
Talk to you soon,
Kasey

Lindsay Garrison said...

Kim,

I am so happy for y'all and miss you tons. I am so happy about your new job! I just know you are going to be the best ap ever. Keep me up to date on your little bun in the oven.I love the blog.
love ya,
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Kim,

Congratulations! Lisa A. and I were just talking about you today on the phone. When I hung up, I decided to check the "blog" and learned of your good news. I called Lisa back right away and told her the news. I also sent her your link so she could keep up with all the news you post . . . what fun!
Keep in touch.
Lisa V.
lisa.veitenheimer@gmail.com

Lisa Alford said...

Hey Kim,
Congrats on the new job and the new baby. Hope all is going well with you. I do miss you. I may be moving to your old office. I will have big shoes to fill following behind you. You did such a great job.

Love,
Lisa