Friday, July 10, 2009

Ten Years in Numbers

Today is our tenth wedding anniversary. Ten years! There were some that thought we wouldn't last 2. But you know what, I have an amazing husband, whom I love, respect, admire and adore...and can think of no one else I would rather spend the rest of my life with....He is a devoted husband and incredible father.

A reflection of the past 10 years in numbers....

2 apartments
2 rent houses
2 new homes
5 cars
2 dogs
2 master's degrees
9 job/career changes (I think)
3 relocations
3 car accidents (4 if you count the time I ran into the house with the Jeep)
5 vacations (we should do more)
4 cities/towns
1 pool
3 computers
numerous traffic violations (mostly Micky)
1 serious illness
2 devastating losses
5 family deaths (all of our living grandparents have passed away since we have been married- none were blessed to meet Jett)
2 personal businesses, now closed
1 surprise party
1 pilot's license
2 tornadoes (one was just close, but we had to get a new roof, so I count it)
1 white Christmas
1 hurricane
2 high school reunions
6 trips to the ER (at least...I can only imagine that number increasing with our boy!)
3 presidential elections (one of which our votes canceled each other out)
2 rounds of major dental work
4 kitchen/dining tables
10 years of fighting, making up, agreeing to disagree and respecting each others opinions
2 precious blessings...Ava and Jett...both miracles...each one a special gift!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Happy Anniversary you too! Thank the Lord you survived through all of those things and came out on top with so much!

4Blackburn's said...

Congrats on 10 years of wedding bliss!!! Hope many more to come for you two!!! Have fun on your cruise....we has such a blast, they are SO much fun! Party like rock stars!

Traci said...

Happy Anniversary! Also, have a wonderful time on the cruise!

Impulsive Addict said...

That was a cool list to make but I'm totally baffled by the "4 kitchen/dining room tables". Girl, I have been married almost 7 and I have only had ONE! What in the world is up with that?

I'm so happy to be back in bloggy land! I hope I can keep up with it! =)