Friday, November 28, 2008

Gobble, Gobble! Wobble, Wobble!


Well friends, Thanksgiving has come and gone, and our precious Jett is still in the hanger (as Micky likes to say). The turkey bib will have to wait until next year, and the Aggie onesie can be worn any day, because, as Micky (FTA class of '98) says, "Any day is a GREAT day to be an Aggie! WHOOP!"

We were supposed to be in Lubbock this year with the Blackburn's, but obviously, I could not travel that far. So, we celebrated at the Hill's. Maw Maw and PawPaw sure know how to throw a good party! Everything was wonderful...especially Tracey's cookies, Emily's dressing and MawMaw's banana pudding!

I know you can't tell very well in this picture, but.....WOW.....could that belly get any bigger? Interestingly, these are a few of the comments made at yesterday's feast....

Dan (Jarrett's uncle): "Kim, I have seen women who look like they have swallowed a basketball, but it looks like you swallowed two!"

Madelyn: "Wow, that belly sure is big!"

Can't remember who: "How is it that her body is normal and her belly is so big? Nothing has changed except her belly." (I wish that was the truth)

Emily: Kim, how is it that you look so good? You are so put together and pretty." (Emily is my new best friend)

Jarrett (after I asked him to come and talk about Christmas ideas for dad): "What? I didn't do anything....I didn't say anything....I know better...." (watch it)

Micky (during the blessing and time for giving thanks): I am thankful for this healthy full-term pregnancy." (What a sweet father and husband)

Me: "Mom, I am scared....this is going to be one big baby!" (seriously, I am scared)

Me: "Micky, you better quit laughing....you try to walk while carrying all of this." (And, there is the typical Micky response)

I have cleaned the house, put up the Christmas decorations, and am pretty much caught up on Christmas shopping, except for a few stocking stuffers. The bags are packed. The car seat is in the car. Ava's clothes are ready for the week next week, the backpack is ready and food is bought for her lunches. Micky and I even braved Black Friday for a little while to get a $20 refund on a previously purchased gift, and buy Grandpa's present!

At my appointment on Monday, I had not changed any. I continue to show signs that things are progressing, but honestly, at this point, I hope they hold off until Monday. I am scheduled to be induced at 5 am on Monday, December the 1st! That is, IF at 3 am, when I have to call in, there is still a bed available! Everyone pray there is a bed available. Ava is going to stay at Gran and Grandpa's on Sunday night. They will drop her off at school and head up to the hospital.

Please pray for a safe and healthy delivery. We will keep you posted!

2 comments:

4Blackburn's said...

We will be thinking about all of ya'll tomorrow and hoping for a speedy and healthy delivery!!
Love Ya'll!!
Monte, Ronda, Baleigh and Brady

Mrs. Stevens said...

(Emily is my new best friend)

Please note that I am offended by this statement. You know I think you're fabulaire!